Election 2020

The provincial government has announced that the general election for resort villages has been pushed back from July 25 to August 29 due to COVID-19.  Please check back here for more information and details in the next couple weeks.

Annual Meeting

In order to follow provincial health guidelines regarding COVID-19, the annual general meeting has been cancelled for this year.  All information will be in the newsletter sent out with tax notices.

Loney’s Point Launch

The dock in the east double wide boat launch area has now been installed at Loney’s.  If you pay taxes, you don’t need to purchase a launch pass.  If you don’t pay taxes in South Lake or Sun Valley, you can purchase a pass for $40.00 by e-transfer to southlake@sasktel.net or mail a cheque.  No security question or password is needed for e-transfers.  If you include your email address, we will either email or mail you the pass.  You can also deposit your payment in the envelopes provided in the locked box on the sign, and we will mail a pass out to you within one week.  Any questions, call (306) 692-7399.

RMP building closure

Effective Immediately

Please be advised that for the safety of the public and employees, the Regional Municipal Plaza, located at 1410 Caribou St. W, is closed to the public until further notice.  Melinda will remain working in the office and you can reach her in the following ways.

Village Office:    Phone: (306) 692-7399

Fax: (306) 692-7380

Email: southlake@sasktel.net

Payments can be made by online banking or e-transfer to the email above as well as cheque by mail.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time.




New Animal Bylaw

Please take note that Council passed an amended animal bylaw which imposes fines for dogs that are found unleashed in the Village.  If the office receives three complaints, the owner will be asked to remove the animal from the Village permanently.  You can find it on the Bylaws tab.